"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Pregnancy Journey - In the Beginning



My fiance and I found out I was pregnant on March 13. I found my self waking up with morning sickness a couples times a week. I soon figured out that "morning sickness" is actually all day sickness. I was sick up until about 12-13 weeks.


My belly started to grow at about 11 weeks. Between my 12th and 13th week my belly seemed to explode. I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and was shocked! My belly literally grew over night. (Picture on the left is 12 weeks and picture on the right is 13 weeks) I remember thinking to my self "oh my gosh I look massive". Looking in the mirror made me a little upset that my belly growing was now a reality and I knew it was only going to get bigger. After the shock wore off I remember being extremely excited that my tiny little baby must be growing if my belly is. This thought is what makes the growing belly easier to deal with. At this point I am enjoying my growing belly. :)

On May 17 my fiance and I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time!! This was a moment full of emotion. I was laying on the bed with tears in my eyes trying not to let any fall. It was so great to look at my fiance and see his reaction to the heart beat. We were both in awe and the only thing I could say is "Wow! That's so cool." At this appointment I also asked the doctor if there could be more then one baby in there. He told me that the ultrasound will let us know for sure. I told him I felt my belly was huge for 14 weeks. He told me not to worry that everyone grows at different speeds and since I am small framed I might grow faster than others. I still am looking forward to the ultrasound to find out one way or another whether there's one or two babies in my belly.

I am extremely excited that I finally felt the baby move. For the past couples weeks I have been thinking to my self "Oh that could have been the baby moving"; but wasn't completely sure. But yesterday I felt it for sure! It is so exciting to have this experience. It makes my pregnancy feel so much more real. Now I am anxiously waiting to feel another movement. My fiance is hoping to be able to feel the baby sometime in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for reading. :)

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.