"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Thursday, June 17, 2010

18 weeks! Babywearing on the mind.

I am now over 18 weeks pregnant!

My fiance and I had a prenatal checkup on Monday, June 14th. I went in so excited to hear the heartbeat and find out my weight gain so far. I stepped on the scale and found out I have gained about 5 pounds in total this pregnancy so far. That is hard for me to believe because my belly and boobs seem to have grown a ton! I guess it's just my body changing shape. The doctor started looking for the baby's heartbeat and panic set in when he couldn't find it. I have heard it cane difficult to find the heartbeat sometimes depending on ho the baby is laying and where he/she is; but I never knew how scared I would be if they couldn't find it. This was something I did not prepare for. But after a couple minutes and a lot of searching we finally found the baby's heartbeat. The baby was just laying low and sleeping. This was such a relief to my fiance and I.

We are now looking forward to our ultrasound on June 30th! We are hoping to be able to find out the sex of our baby. :)

I'm almost at the half way mark with this pregnancy and I'm starting to think more and more about what I should be purchasing. I have heard a lot about slings, wraps, and carriers but never realized how useful they will be. They are a great bonding experience for baby and his/her parents. I am posting a link about what babywearing can be used for and the many benefits it provides. I will most definitely be purchasing a sling. If you have any babywearing stories, or would like to share the benefits you experienced please feel free to comment.

"SLING TIP: The womb lasts eighteen months: Nine months inside mother, and nine months outside"
askdrsears.com

On a side note my fiance and I will be getting married on June 25th! A wedding that we have been planning for a year. On this day I will become Amanda McIvor. A couple days later we will see our baby for the first time on an ultrasound! I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for reading.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.