"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello Everyone :)

Hi Everyone,

I am Amanda Kleinsasser. I work with From Womb To Cradle as a doula in the Brooks, AB area.

I first became interested in becoming a doula when my mother in law mentioned to me that having a doula was the best decision she made while pregnant with her first born (my fiance). I looked into some courses and found the DONA doula course. I took this course in June 2009. It was an amazing course! At this course I learned more about labour and birth then I could have ever imagined. I attended my first birth in September 2009. This birth was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It was at this time that I decided to pursue a career as a doula.

This past year has been extremely busy for me. Taking my first doula course, attended my first birth, and I also got engaged. My fiance David proposed on June 25, 2009 and we will be getting married on June 25, 2010. This year has been busy with wedding plans. To make our lives even more exciting I got pregnant in February!! I am pregnant with our first baby and I am currently at 16 weeks and 4 days.

I have decided to write a blog about my pregnancy journey. I will write about whatever I am feeling at the time or about questions that have been running through my mind. I will also post any information I find about pregnancy, labour, birth, and breastfeeding that I find helpful.

Hope everyone will enjoy reading about my pregnancy journey. I know many of you are currently or will be going through your own pregnancy journey so feel free to comment.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.