"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Already?! Breast Change


Well I am 24 weeks pregnant now! I have been enjoying my growing belly and feeling our baby move about during the day. It's an amazing feeling that I don't think any mother can explain. This is one thing I am told I will miss once our baby is born. Therefore I am enjoying every minute of it.

During this pregnancy my breasts have got larger and have sometimes been tender. Both things I knew would happen early in pregnancy. Tonight I was absolutely shocked when I felt something wet around my nipple area. It just felt a little damp so I touched my shirt and looked down. There it was a tiny wet spot from my leaking nipple. The first thing that came to my head is "Really this early? Is that possible?" I called my husband over and all he could say is "No way!" with a smile on his face. I was completely shocked!! I expected it to happen at some point just not at 24 weeks. This was definitely the "weirdest" pregnancy thing I have experienced thus far. Just weird in the way that I wasn't expecting it and was caught off guard. It is safe to say that I have never experienced leaking from my nipples before.

After doing some research I realized that this is completely normal. Which was great for me to hear. :) Just a way for my body to get ready for breastfeeding. Excitement is coming over me as I realize I'm getting closer and closer to meeting our baby.

Now the questions that are on my mind are: Is this just going to happen the odd time? Or is it going to happen daily? Is it time to invest in breast pads? Well all I know for sure is every woman is different so I will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle here! Yes, investing in some washable breast pads would be a great idea. You shouldn't need the absorbency of disposables at this stage. It is also a good idea to stay away from the dioxins found in disposable absorbent products, especially during pregnancy. For more information on dioxins, see http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/phs104.html#bookmark01.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.