"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Friday, July 16, 2010

22 Weeks Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I am currently 22 weeks and I'm feeling fabulous! Besides the morning sickness in the first couple weeks I have been feeling pretty fantastic this pregnancy. :)

My husband and I found out the sex of our baby on the day we left for Victoria. Therefore I have not yet had a chance to reveal the gender to our blog followers! Well it's a GIRL! I was super excited when we found out it was a girl. My husband on the other hand was a little shocked but after about an hour it settled in and we started decided about baby names. His excitement really started to kick in then as we went shopping that day for items for our baby girl.

We are finding that there are so many decisions to make! What stroller and car seat should we get? What's the difference besides the hundreds of dollars price difference? Bassinet and Playpen combo? What kind of breast pump? The list goes on and on!

Our birth plan will become our focus in the next couple weeks. This I feel is one of the most important decisions for us. I am the type of person who needs to feel in control and I need to know what's going on. Therefore the birth plan is a huge must do for us. To be honest I never heard of a birth plan before I took my doula training. Now I see how valuable it is and why it's a must have for all soon to be parents. Your doula will be able to help you come up with a birth plan that works for you and your partner. It will help you make decisions on things you may not initially think about, and that you will not have time to think about during labour and childbirth.

The following website is great for helping with birth plan decisions. Remember you can always check out www.wombtocradle.com for resources.

http://www.childbirth.org/interactive/ibirthplan.html

Thanks for reading! I'll keep everyone updated as we start making more decisions.

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.