"Ask me for strength and I will lend not only my hand, but also my heart."
~ Unknown

Monday, May 17, 2010

Butterflies and Babies

It is spring... a time of where flowers bloom and so do mamas!  This year, my inspiration has been the chrysalis - a symbol of transformation.  As a mother goes through the processes of pregnancy, labour, birth and parenting, she experiences life-altering changes. When women have an amazing birth experience, they realize their strength, power and true beauty.  Witnessing this is awe-inspiring!

While preparing to write this post, I did a brief search of the word experience.  I was amazed to find that two of its synonyms were elevation and enlightenment.  Truly a woman's spirit is elevated when she is able to enjoy a blissful birth.  She is enlightened by the knowledge she has gained and the strength she has uncovered because now, she believes, she can do anything!  


Birth changes us deeply.  Owning our experiences is essential.  Preparing for birth and making informed decisions is vital.  Hold on to your butterfly spirit....allow yourself to soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know what you think! Comments are subject to review prior to publishing.